Information and resources for
High School Senior Timeline
- Send your application to the Admissions Office at NMSU. The earlier you apply, the sooner we can provide a decision.
- Request that your High School Guidance Counselor send your official transcripts and ACT or SAT scores to the NMSU Admissions Office.
- Register for the ACT or SAT if you have not taken them, or if you want to improve your score.
- Attend college fairs and meet with university representatives.
- Meet with your high school guidance counselor to discuss your interests.
- Plan a visit to NMSU!
- Visit NMSU! Take a campus tour, meet with students, professors, try out campus eateries and see a residence hall.
- Attend Aggie Experience!
- Take or retake the ACT or SAT, be sure to send your official scores to NMSU.
- The President's Associates Honors Scholarship, all application materials are due by December 1, 2012. Students must be tentatively admitted and complete the Scholar Dollar$ Application by this date in order to be considered for these competitive scholarships. Scholar Dollar$ will open on November 1st for Fall 2013 applicants.
- Students who are applying for all other NMSU scholarships must be admitted by February 15, 2013.
- Apply for housing with the Department of Housing and Residential Life.
- Begin to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- FAFSA priority deadline is March 1.
- NMSU's general scholarship deadline will remain open until March 1. Make sure you are accepted to NMSU by February 15th to be eligible for these awards!
- Attend a New Student Registration event in Las Cruces or Albuquerque. Register for classes early to maximize your choice of courses.
- Graduate High School!
- Send your final official transcript to NMSU.
- Prepare for college!
- Attend a New Student Registration program in Las Cruces or Albuquerque.
- Move into your residence hall.
- Start classes!