Non-degree admission is designed to meet the needs of students who do not wish to pursue a degree. Students considering non-degree status should be aware of the following:
- Non-degree students may not transfer more than 30 credits from this status to any undergraduate degree-seeking program, or more than nine credits to a graduate degree-seeking program.
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive financial aid or student employment.
- Non-degree students are not eligible to participate in student government or intercollegiate athletics.
- Non-degree students are not eligible to receive benefits from any veterans' program.
- Transcripts from previous institutions, high school, and/or results of college entrance exams may be required to assure readiness for university-level courses.
Students interested in using non-degree credit for initial teacher certification or recertification in a new field will be admitted to the College of Education.
To apply to NMSU as a non-degree student, Apply Online and choose "Non-Degree - Undergraduate" as your application type.
- Student Affairs and Enrollment Management: Undergraduate Admissions
- (575) 646-3121 or (800) 662-6678
- Educational Services Building, Suite A
- MSC 3A / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001