See Your Advisor
Your department advisor will help you select the courses you need. Check the class schedule for registration dates and deadlines. (See the information under "Register", below, for closed or instructor-approval courses.)
Activate Your myNMSU Account
Your first time to myNMSU, you will need to choose "Activate Your Account" to enter myNMSU. Once you have activated your myNMSU account, you can check the class schedule, register for classes, check your financial aid, access your email, change your address, use WebCT, check your grades, etc.
Get Your Student ID
Take a picture ID to the Card Office on the first floor in Corbett Center to have your student ID card made.
You have two options when registering for classes:
- You can register online at myNMSU.
- You can also bring your registration materials to our front desk; a staff member will assist you.
If a course is closed or requires an instructor's approval, you will not be able to register online; you will need to bring your Add/Drop Form, signed by the course instructor, to our office. (An instructor can also override a course that is closed or requires approval, which will then allow you to register online.)
If a course shows a class restriction, level restriction, or time conflict, you will not be able to register online. Please come to the Graduate Student Services office for assistance.
Pick up a Registration Document
Once you have registered, Graduate Student Services can print your Registration Document, or you can also print your Registration Document from your myNMSU account, under "Student Detail Schedule." Carefully check your registration document which lists your courses, tuition, fees, and payment deadlines.
Go to the Business Office
To avoid disenrollment, you must make a payment. You can also find the payment deadlines in the Course Schedule.
- You can pay online at myNMSU.
- You can also go directly to the Cashier in the Educational Services Building to make a payment.
- If you intend to have your tuition and fees deducted incrementally from your GA paycheck, take your Payroll Deduction Authorization form (found in the Grad Student Services office) to the Cashier.
- If you will be receiving a Financial Aid reimbursement, distribution of checks is done alphabetically in the Ed Services Building during the two days before classes begin. You must have your student ID to pick up your check. For more information, see Financial Aid's Disbursement of Financial Aid Funds page.
Visit the Bookstore
You can get all of your textbooks at the NMSU Bookstore located in Corbett Center, along with school supplies and NMSU merchandise. You can also look up and order your books online.
Go to Parking
If you plan on parking on campus, be sure to get a parking permit from the Parking Department, located at College Drive and Union Avenue. You can also purchase a parking permit online.
Stop by Housing
If you will be living on campus, stop by the Housing Office in the Educational Services Building with your Registration Document for verification of your housing assignment.
If you are a Distance Education student, or need more information about using NMSU's scheduling, registration and payment services online, see Distance Education's Scheduling, Registration & Payment page.
- NMSU Student Affairs & Enrollment Management: University Admissions
- (575) 646-2736
- Educational Services Building, Suite G
- MSC 3G / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001