Master of Music
Areas of emphasis: Music Education, Performance, Conducting.
Required application materials
- GPA: 3.0
- GRE: not required
- Statement of educational objectives
- Audition for Performance or Conducting (see requirements here)
- Three letters of recommendation
Graduate program director
Dr. Jim Shearer
Applicants for this degree are expected to have an undergraduate degree in music or music education equivalent to the B.M. or B.M.E. from New Mexico State University.
Applicants for the Music Education degree are expected to have state teaching certification.
A diagnostic exam in Theory and History is required for course placement.
- NMSU Student Affairs & Enrollment Management: University Admissions
- (575) 646-2736
- Educational Services Building, Suite G
- MSC 3G / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001