Application Process and Requirements
Complete an application online*
*If you experience difficulty with the online application, contact us to request a paper application.
- Transcripts (see below)
- Freshman: Official secondary school transcript, and graduation or school leaving document. Applicants who have the TOEFL waived or have graduated from an American high school must submit ACT or SAT results.
- Transfer applicants: Official transcript from each university or college attended, and may also be required to submit secondary school records.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score. See language requirements for scores.
- Official transcripts and diploma
- Official TOEFL/IELTS
- Department supporting documentation
Prospective students should review NMSUs graduate and undergraduate catalogs for other application and admission requirements (grade point average, etc.)
For assistance attesting or certifying academic or other educational documents, contact the nearest EducationUSA advising center. EducationUSA advisors can answer many questions about applying to American universities and the U.S. system of education.
If your current/previous institution is an eScrip-Safe® Network Member, you may order your documents sent electronically using the eScrip-Safe format.
- NMSU Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management: International Student Services
- (575) 646-2736
- Educational Services Building, Suite 8
- MSC 3G / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001