Skip navigation.
New Mexico State University
Information and resources for
Prospective Students

NMSU Community College Transfers

photos of NMSU

NMSU Community College Transfers are students from the NMSU community college campuses at Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Dona Ana or Grants who transfer to the main campus in Las Cruces.

If you are a current student enrolled at one of the community college campuses and would like to transfer to the main campus, you should complete a Change of Campus Form and submit it to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.  You may submit the completed form by fax at: 575-646-6330 or email: or walk into the Undergraduate Admissions Office located in the Educational Services Building.

If you are a continuing student and were admitted to one of the community college campuses first but have not been enrolled there for more than one (1) year, you must submit an Undergraduate Application for ‘readmission’ to Main campus.

Every request will be reviewed on an individual basis, change is not automatic! The Undergraduate Admissions Office will verify if you are eligible for admission to Las Cruces main campus. When admitted you must meet with an academic advisor for your major before you will be allowed to register for classes.

Helpful Hints to consider before transferring to main campus

  • Have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
  • Have completed CCDE 110N and/or are eligible to enroll in ENGL 111
  • Have completed CCDM 114N and/or are eligible to enroll in MATH 120/MATH 210G
  • Have taken an ACT/SAT (only if you have completed less than 30 college credits after high school graduation)

Please call the University Admissions Office for specific requirements regarding your transfer to Las Cruces main campus at 575-646-3121.

Use the following links for help with your community college transfer to main campus:

Contact and meet with an academic advisor who will assist you with your educational plan and help you select courses needed to complete your degree.

STAR (STudent Academic Requirements) Degree Audits compare all NMSU coursework and transfer courses accepted by NMSU to degree requirements and reports progress toward degree completion. Log in with your NMSU username and password.

Want to know what funds are available or how to ‘switch’ your financial aid to the main campus? Find answers and contact information for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.

Interested in Degree Programs through Distance Education?

  • Student Affairs and Enrollment Management: Undergraduate Admissions
  • (575) 646-3121 or (800) 662-6678
  • Educational Services Building, Suite A
  • MSC 3A / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001