Course equivalency tables for commonly transferred courses have been developed for many area colleges and universities. These documents shows course equivalencies only , and do not reflect any difference in credit hours between institutions. While these courses transfer to NMSU, specific degree requirements may differ. Please contact the academic department for specific degree requirements.
- Arizona Community College System
- Central New Mexico Comunity College
- Clovis Community College
- College of Southern Nevada
- Colorado Community College System
- Delaware Tech
- Dine College
- Eastern New Mexico University - Ruidoso and Roswell
- El Paso Community College
- Luna Community College
- Mesalands Community College
- Navajo Technical College (Crownpoint)
- New Mexico Junior College
- New Mexico Military Institute
- Northern New Mexico College
- San Juan College
- Santa Fe Community College
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
- Texas Common Course Numbering System
- University of New Mexico - Gallup
- University of New Mexico - Los Alamos
- University of New Mexico - Taos
- University of New Mexico - Valencia
*NMSU reserves the right to modify these course equivalencies based on curriculum changes and program requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Transfer Process
How does the transfer evaluation process work?
After the Office of Admissions has admitted you to NMSU, your official transcripts will be forwarded to the Registrarís Office. Our evaluation team will review each of your courses for an equivalent NMSU course. After the evaluation is complete, Credit will be recorded on your academic record. A Transfer Credit Evaluation Form detailing the course and their equivalency will be mailed to you.
When will the evaluation take place?
If possible, courses are evaluated before you see an advisor. However, due to the large number of transfer applicants, evaluation may not be complete prior to advising. Your advisor may ask you to bring unofficial copies of your transcripts to your advising appointment if your official evaluation is not yet completed.
Will my grades transfer?
Grades earned in courses taken at other institutions are not included in the calculation of the NMSU GPA, except for grades earned by approved National Student Exchange students..
Will “D” grades transfer?
Transfer students will receive full credit for course work completed with a grade of C or better, provided the classes are similar or equivalent to courses offered at NMSU. Transfer students may receive credit for courses taken at other institutions in which a D was received. However, NMSU does not accept the transfer of courses with D grades that satisfy basic academic competency (basic skills) in English and mathematics. Also, colleges or departments may choose to accept only courses graded C of higher in their programs for both transfer and native students.
- Student Affairs and Enrollment Management: Undergraduate Admissions
- (575) 646-3121 or (800) 662-6678
- Educational Services Building, Suite A
- MSC 3A / P.O. Box 30001, Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001